by Nick Robertson on June 09, 2020
Over the last several months, we’ve prioritized the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers, and have been fortunate enough to be able to do that while still executing on our mission to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it.
Throughout this period, we’ve continued to see a ton of engagement from all of you. Activity in our online community—including individual sessions, the number of members logging in, and participation in conversations on the site—has been at an all-time high. Readership on The Relativity Blog is up 44 percent over the same period in 2019. And we blew away our previous record for registrants to Relativity Fest London last month, with more than 2,100 of you signing up to attend the virtual event.
So, first things first: Thank you. Sharing and learning with you has been a bright light, and we’re grateful.
The Plan for Relativity Fest 2020
Now more than ever, building up this community is critical to our collective success. But in the midst of a pandemic, the health and safety of our team and yours must come first.
For that reason, we’ve decided to make Relativity Fest a free, fully virtual event in 2020.
Relativity Fest is our biggest touchpoint with you all—our favorite time to share what we’re doing and hear what you’re doing, too. We also know it’s a crucial chance for you to chat with your peers, share insights, and get a close look at the latest and greatest in Relativity. Though we can’t get together in person, we’re going to remain focused on making Relativity Fest a unique and amazing experience.
With that in mind, here’s what you can expect from Relativity Fest this fall.
1. Relativity Fest will take place, as planned, September 21-23—all online.
We’ll plan to offer a mix of live and on-demand sessions to help you fill your schedule without becoming overwhelmed by everything there is to do. To prevent video chat fatigue, we’ll do our best to make sure content is easy to consume in this digital format—helping you strike a balance between finding that rich, immersive experience you expect from Relativity Fest, without pressuring you to feel glued to your computer for hours at a time.
2. Delivering on the heart and soul of Relativity Fest—great content—remains our top priority.
Our goal for Relativity Fest each year is to provide all attendees with a unique opportunity to learn something they can’t learn anywhere else. That goal is unchanged, and we’re excited to see what new and exciting ways we might be able to deliver on it in this format. Take a look at the highlights from Relativity Fest London to get a feel for what you might see in September.
3. A virtual Relativity Fest is still about connecting and celebrating you.
Relativity Fest will still be deeply committed to fostering connections between members of our community. We know the organic conversations held during the conference are part of what makes Relativity Fest so special. So, while we can’t host in-person networking events or walk-up help desks, we’re hard at work identifying ways we can help you get the most out of a digital Fest experience when it comes to interacting with your peers and our team.
What to Do Before September
Registration for Relativity Fest will open in mid-July. It’s a free event, and you can join from anywhere—so please save the date and get ready for plenty of exciting and insightful things to do.
Until then, we’re here for you—and there are plenty of ways for you to hone your skills in Relativity, take a deep dive into the topics that are most top-of-mind for our space, and connect with your peers and our team.
While you wait for registration to open and Fest to begin, I’d encourage you to:
- Join the Relativity Community, if you haven’t already. You’ll find thousands of resources, articles, and FAQs to help you learn about the product, but also have a chance to connect with the most active members of our community and speak with our team.
- Browse our recently published library of CLE-eligible sessions from Relativity Fest 2019. They’re full of relevant insights about the legal and tech worlds, and good practice for self-paced, online learning.
- Speaking of online learning, our training resources are always at your disposal. Connect with us via live sessions, or explore a huge variety of on-demand, recorded webinars and videos. Certification exams can be taken remotely, too.
- Keep an eye on The Relativity Blog. We’ll continue sharing updates about Relativity Fest, previews of product updates, and industry insights here.
- Subscribe to receive Relativity Fest news via email to ensure you don’t miss a beat.
Though it isn’t going to happen the way we would’ve expected, this promises to be the biggest—and maybe the most memorable—Relativity Fest ever. We can’t wait for you to join us in September.