Design System Manager
- Lead the visual and technical direction of the design system with input from directors and peers in the product, design, and engineering teams.
- Report progress and findings regularly to primary director leads and executive sponsors.
- Direct the scope of system and cross-platform concerns.
- Evangelize the design system mission, library, process, and technical aspects to the organization.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to ensure that the right component model is identified and then being effectively implemented by the engineering team.
- Review all design system work for quality, consistency, and usefulness.
- Conduct monthly reviews with team members to identify successes, opportunities, and challenges.
- Determine priorities, scope, and requirements of the system.
- Coordinate with Director and Executive roadmap and release planning.
- Interview and foster discussions with all internal and external users of the design system.
- Establish a release schedule with the front-end engineering team.
- Manage the system backlog and roadmap along with stakeholders.
- Facilitate planning and monitor progress of the design system.
- Experience leading the design or front-end efforts for a leading B2B SaaS/cloud product presence.
- Experience in the field of document and/or content management is preferred.
- Experience in an agile environment preferred.
- Experience with one or more JS framework (Aurelia, Angular, React, for example).
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Experience writing build scripts and plugins.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS extensions (SASS, LESS, etc).
- Knowledge of package managers (npm, for example), bundlers (Webpack, for example), and task runners (Gulp, for example).
- Knowledge of new technology trends and their application in the marketplace.
- Knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in design, computer science, or equivalent professional experience.
- 7-10+ years experience in the management of web-based sites or applications, information architecture, interaction design, and front-end development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Computer Science, or other related subjects.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, SASS, and LESS.
- An interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Knowledge in working with Agile development methodology.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering disciplines, including the ability to work comfortably in all layers of the Application Stack.
About RelativityRelativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.