Systems Administrator - End User Services
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Systems Administrator role will assist in the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of our back-office infrastructure supporting all our end user devices. The role will work with all teams to assist with the tools managing device imaging, software and patch deployment, asset management, and general end user support. The Systems Administrator works under general direction of managers and senior team members.
- Implement and maintain tools that support all end users and their devices, such as Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (MSCCM), JAMF, Active Directory, and office 365
- Work with third party vendors integrated with our MSCCM for device imaging and configuration
- Provide operational support primarily to the End User Services and Security team, while supporting the entire business with back end tooling and expertise
- Be a source of knowledge for end user workstations, cell phones, policy enforcement, monitoring, and metrics
- Mentor desktop support technicians and service desk technicians by developing and reviewing documentation, being available for quick guidance when support technicians are stuck, and participating in daily rituals
- Seek, identify, recommend, and document improvements to current processes.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development.
- Be an escalation point in troubleshooting environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Assist in forecasting future IT infrastructure needs by knowing past and current infrastructure demand and knowing how Development teams’ roadmaps will affect infrastructure demand.
- Keep on top of industry trends and technology, both on the development side and the more traditional IT side
- 2 years in an IT System Administrator role with MSCCM experience
- Experience supporting both Windows and Mac end users
- Experience in infrastructure automation and configuration compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate difficult technical concepts in a straight-forward, simple manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proven experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, including deployment, packaging, updates, and reporting
- Proven experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Proven scripting experience in PowerShell
- Cloud Services – Azure a plus, Amazon Web Services, or other cloud offerings
- Experience with Atlassian products, e.g. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket a plus
- Audio Visual expert who can maintain and up keep our AV experience in all our offices around the globe