Associate Technical Writer 20-0231
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As an Associate Technical Writer, you will write accurate, engaging, user-friendly documentation that adheres to Relativity’s style guidelines. The Associate Technical Writer works under the steady direction of managers and senior team members.
- Collaborate with Development, QA, Product Management, and subject matter experts in other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation
- Assist or learn how to assist other writers to document Relativity’s e-discovery products
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators
- Contribute to Documentation team projects meant to increase internal efficiency and/or improve the infrastructure underlying team deliverables
- Assist team in establishing, practicing, and innovating policies and procedures, conform to existing styles, policies, and procedures
- Perform basic peer edits and production review work
- Integrate use cases and functional data into user documentation and examples· Collaborate with Development, QA, Product Management, and subject matter experts in other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation
- Writing, production, and technical editing skills
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of MadCap Flare desired
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives
- Willingness to gain exposure to tech comm programs
- Analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- Ability to learn how to juggle multiple concurrent projects of various sizes and topics
- Ability to learn new areas of software documentation, including API’s for REST or .NET API’s and other platform components
- Ability to learn code samples to better understand the needs of API consumers
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least one to three years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Pass certification for Relativity Administration within 6 weeks of start date