At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
- Work with your team and other stakeholders to define, design, implement, test, document, and deliver quality software products in a fast paced environment utilizing Java, Scala, C#, and other technologies as needed.
- Utilize sound engineering practices to deliver functional, reliable, secure, tested and maintainable software that satisfies stakeholders requirements.
- Work with the team to improve the scalability and performance of existing products.
- Positively contribute to the culture, well-being, and growth of each team member and the company at large by being a helpful and considerate team member and by adhering to the company’s core values.
- Knowledge of multi-threading, concurrency and distributed systems in Java environment.
- Ability to decompose complex problems, troubleshoot issues, and communicate solutions to the team and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated self-motivation to work independently as well as part of a high performing, diverse team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing and maintaining distributed, elastic micro-service applications that self-heal in the event of failures.
- Skilled in developing software for the JVM using Java, Scala and other JVM based languages.
- Experience creating large-scale services and applications in distributed environments such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS a plus.
- Experience in utilizing Docker to simplify deployment and development a plus.
- Proficiency on Linux, Git, REST, Akka, and CI tools (Jenkins, Bamboo) a plus.
- 2+ years of experience creating backend / server / algorithmic software utilizing Core Java and other languages that run on the JVM, but not including J2EE / JEE applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field related to or heavily dependent upon computer science is a plus. Master's degree is preferred.