Director, Relativity Trace Sales
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
We are searching for a Director, Relativity Trace Sales. The Relativity Platform is proven with almost 200,000 users and over 100B files under management - we believe Relativity Trace (built on the Relativity platform) is Relativity’s next big opportunity with ambitions to achieve the same scale as the core eDiscovery business. As the Sales Director for Trace, you will run sales for a small startup operating within the larger Relativity organization.
- You will have almost unlimited potential to build a huge business in a large and growing market while being able to leverage the Relativity brand and relationships with support from the leadership, founder, and board to move fast
- You will be the first sales leader hired for Relativity Trace and you will be tasked with building a team and process to meet our ambitious objectives
- While sales results is one of the most important goals to achieve, this role will demand that many hats be worn
- You'll have ~8 direct sales reports today but have the experience to scale it massively with some demonstrated success
- You are a sales leader who has led large, scaled sales teams targeting Financial Services customers
- Collaboration with teams outside of your direct line of management is a core part of your success playbook
- You are coming to Relativity with a POV on how to assert differentiation in the Compliance market or can quickly develop a perspective
- You know how to build process appropriately where there is minimal today, especially around forecasting
- Selling direct and through channel partners are both natural sales motions
- You can operate strategically at a 30,000 ft level and also dive deep into tactical roadblocks with individuals deals
- You have experience with top of the funnel demand gen strategies to build pipeline for a new product
- You are comfortable crafting our message in the field while learning what the market wants and know how to feedback back what you hear in the field to our product team
- Ensure our sales team manages their sales processes to a close, championing our Challenger Sale approach and use it as the foundation of our sales process and tactics.
- Coach your team to move opportunities through the pipeline. Use our Challenger sales approach to lead prospects to Trace with Insights built around our key differentiators. You will be expected to ensure your teams build strong relationships to drive the Relativity Trace strategy through target customers’ organization: their compliance monitoring and surveillance, internal e-discovery, controls, records management, risk, legal and IT/information security teams. You will be expected to understand our customers’ business, technology footprint and cloud posture. Ideally you can convert a joint sale across legal and compliance.
- Help us build a demand gen engine.
- Relativity has a robust marketing machine. Be the advocate ensuring that we get to the same level with Trace. Work closely with Product Marketing and the Trace-dedicated marketing lead to build a demand gen machine.
- Champion key drivers and maintain a deep understanding of our pricing.
- Key drivers include SaaS, Security, Flexibility and Analytics. Tailor the team’s focus and positioning to play to our strengths. Maintain a deep understanding of our pricing and ensure the sales team is appropriately positioning it with their clients.
- Help improve our product, processes, and content.
- Be the voice of the customer driving what are the most valuable features to accelerate adoption and reduce the sales cycle. Participate enthusiastically in the product planning process as a key stakeholder. Help us develop processes as we build out the team. Let us know what sales enablement materials you need. Provide an input into what capabilities would open up additional markets for us. Mentor team members who are new to customer facing roles.
- Operate well in a fast-paced environment.
- Build competence in our industry and product quickly. Have high expectations for our team. Respond quickly to customer questions. Be adaptable as the environment changes.
- Manage the Relativity Trace team (consisting of individuals focused on Corp, Lead Gen, and Channel), devise and drive the sales plans for the territory.
- You will be expected to effectively scale the Trace Corporate Evangelist team and the supporting Lead Gen efforts, helping them meet their potential as individual sales reps. You will simultaneously build out our Trace Channel business and avoid channel conflict between the two sales teams. You will manage a team of 8 by the end of the year, but you will be expected to handle a larger team once we demonstrate further growth.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Compliance Monitoring industry and how Relativity Trace fits in
- You must quickly become an expert on the industry and our product. Understand the value proposition that Relativity Trace on RelativityOne brings and help corporations translate that into their compliance monitoring and eDiscovery practices. Using that knowledge, you will be expected to develop strategies and plans to drive the Relativity Trace strategy through target customer’s organization. Deeply understand our roadmap and provide input to it - our customers our buying into that future as much as the current product.
- Maintain a strong relationship with other Relativity teams (RelativityOne Evangelists, Relativity Channel, Relativity Advisory). Ensure objectivity/fairness between our direct and co-selling efforts.
- Relativity Trace represents the first team with overlay sales reps beyond the core Relativity/RelativityOne AEs. Working together with our core sales team and maintaining a positive working relationship is critical to your team’s success. Relativity was built with our Channel and we see the Channel as critical to Trace’s success. You’ll ensure we are fair in our direct and channel sales efforts and that we give the Channel a path to profitable businesses on top of Relativity Trace.
- Be exceptionally organized and drive rigor in our sales process.
- Organization is critical in this role. Keep Salesforce evergreen. Provide clear updates on the sales pipeline. Enforce Relativity-wide policies and procedures around opportunity management and forecasting. Hold your team accountable for keeping systems up to date.
- Build a huge pipeline, based around Relativity Trace’s prioritized corporate accounts and move clients through the funnel
- Your emphasis on prospecting with allow Relativity Trace to have the same brand recognition in compliance /as Relativity has in eDiscovery. You will work with marketing to develop a demand gen strategy targeting our prioritized corporate accounts. Understand the MEDDIC sales methodology to qualify our complex sales opportunities.
- Own the Trace forecast.
- Relativity Trace is a newer product. As we start to understand the sales lifecycle with more opportunities being closed, build rigor around our forecast.
- Minimum 5 years of quota-carrying experience in new business development for an enterprise software organization, preferably within the e-discovery, compliance, or big data analytics industry
- Complex solution selling (i.e. experience selling or delivering software that required the end client to realign certain business processes)
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market
- Minimum 2 years of experience selling SaaS, cloud or integration experience
- Record of success in generating net new business with consistent overachievement of sales goals
- Ability to travel 35% of the time
- Pipeline management and forecasting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (preferably in business administration, computer science, CIS/MIS or related area)
- Compliance, eDiscovery, SaaS and technical acumen
- Demonstrable experience generating new business, including 5+ years of direct selling experience, territory management, with a track record of meeting or exceeding quota, including 2+ years in a sales management role
- Relativity RCSP certification a plus
- Experience with Relativity a plus
- Financial modeling and contract negotiation experience