IT Business Analyst
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for knowing and being the voice of the customer. Working with Business Service managers, you will understand the IT roadmap and what prioritized features need to be delivered. Based on a high-level scope, you can take a feature with some manager oversight, and run it through the SDLC for feature delivery. You will work intimately with the business to define and document detailed functional and non-functional needs, ensure quality of deliverables and to execute change management. You will work closely with the agile scrum squads make sure prioritize requirements are in line with the technical solution delivered.
- Elicit, define and prioritize requirements that they deliver the necessary business outcome as defined by the project lead. Ability to take business requirements and translate them into user stories.
- Can measure and communicate proposed project/feature/enhancement beneﬁts by linking requirements to value drivers.
- Through business knowledge and working with SMEs, the BA will assess any risks, business complexity and technology solutions to ensure planned solutions solve business problems.
- Works with the technical delivery team to estimate work, coordinate project delivery and identify solution inter-dependencies
- Works with the delivery team and stakeholders to test IT solutions.
- Engages with IT and business SMEs to coordinate organization change management, training and transition of new features into daily operations.
- As needed, assists with project management the delivery of a feature.
- BA/BS in in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline, or equivalent applicable experience
- At least 3 years of experience working on complex projects/programs across multiple regions and/or lines of businesses
- Previous experience in a client-facing role, working in cross-functional teams towards common goals
- Knowledge of IT delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Previous experience in software; superior knowledge of the full development life cycle is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient at developing business process design (Process flows, diagrams, etc.)