DevOps Engineer (EOPS)
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
We are looking for skilled engineers to focus on DevOps principles and leverage cutting edge technologies, striving to bring excellence to our team atmosphere. Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Software Engineer in Engineering Operations, you will leverage Agile and DevOps practices to design, build, and maintain the services and tools used by the Product Development department in one or more of the following areas (your qualifications may vary depending on the focus area):
1. Virtual machine image management for Vagrant and Azure, using full stack C#.NET, SQL Server, Powershell, Chef, and Azure
3. Infrastructure as a service for Kubernetes and Jenkins, in Azure using Terraform, Chef, Kubernetes, Powershell, and Jenkins
4. Provisioning and configuration pipeline services for RelativityOne using Chef, Powershell, Jenkins, and Azure Cloud
5. Monitoring as a service for RelativityOne using C#.NET, Azure Functions and Splunk
- Participate in a Scrum team that solves complex challenges during planning, daily standups, code reviews, and demos
- Develop the scripts and tools required to continuously build, provision, configure and monitor Azure infrastructure and its applications.
- Gain knowledge of services offered and troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Evolve our continuous integration test harnesses and automation for the release of our products, helping the product development team keep the test runs fast and reliably green
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer the processes for repeated tasks.
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes.
- Solid software development understanding and experience (2 to 3 years)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related
- Experience with unit testing, preferably in the TDD mode
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in OOP software development using C# (or Java) and SQL or
- Experience in infrastructure and distributed systems in a Cloud environment (Azure preferred) using Chef (or Puppet) and Terraform
- Experience in Docker container and Shared Compute Kubernetes Clusters will be a plus
- Experience in modularized script development (Powershell preferred)
- Knowledge of continuous integration and automated deployment (Jenkins preferred)
- Knowledge in working with Agile development methodology
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English