Chief of Staff to the CSO
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
We are looking for a self-motivated, highly driven individual to serve as the Chief of Staff to the Chief Security Officer (CSO). The Chief of Staff plans and directs all operational activities for the CSO. S/he also organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making. The CSO Chief of Staff will provide oversight and guidance to strategic projects of high importance and impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as an adviser to the CSO, planning and directing all administrative, financial, and operational activities.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making
- Work with the CSO to identify / manage / resolve issues and develop major goals
- Act as a point of contact or gatekeeper between top management and other stakeholders.
- Represent the CISO in relevant meetings, discussions, and conference calls
- Work with the CSO to lead global strategy development and drive practice maturity
- Prepare internal briefings on the program operations, strategy, and initiatives
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials for key leadership meetings
- Oversee the execution of the strategic and operational plans
- Approve policies developed within various sub-functions and departments.
- Manage ad hoc requests / questions from Relativity leadership
- Previous experience in a Chief of Staff role is preferred
- Experience working in a highly matrixed technology focused environment with a specific background in information security is preferred
- An understanding of the nature and dynamics of the emerging Cyber Security field globally is preferred
- Superior communication and project management skills
- Ability to work independently under pressure with competing priorities while consistently producing best-in-class deliverables
- Ability to interact and influence all levels within the company, particularly leadership
- Works well under time pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Key Personal Qualities:
- Organized. You love keeping lists. You are prepared to discuss what’s coming up at any time.
- Detail oriented. You have an eye for details and are thorough in everything you do. You proofread your work several times over
- Confidentiality. You must maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Professional relationship builder. You represent the CSO in every action you take and should be conscious of that as you build relationships throughout the organization.
- Strong work ethic. Ability to collaborate and get work done in a quick and efficient way
- Receptive to feedback. You seek out help and feedback when you need it, and adapt to any advice received
- Other Important Qualities:
- Willing to push back. You will get lots of requests for the CSO- must have the ability to politely push back. You also should be willing to push back on her.
- Comfortable with change & ambiguity. Candidate should be comfortable working in an environment of constant change and should also be able to work confidently with a certain level of ambiguity.
You are the R2D2 to this Skywalker. '
The Chief of Staff (COS) will leverage strategic planning and advisory skills to enhance operations management and support the CSO in the development and execution of global strategies related to information security. The COS will create structure to meet objectives in an often-ambiguous environment with evolving information. The COS will multi-task and deliver on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-visibility setting, which requires high-degrees of endurance, responsiveness, and flexibility. Our CSO is a thought leader in security and leads a highly dynamic team running in many directions at any time. You will need to ensure the goals are in line with strategic intent. Time to lose that restraining bolt and join an adventure in the making.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A proven go-getter with demonstrated ability to deliver on your commitments.
- 3-5 years in a role supporting an executive, technology industry preferred
- Knowledge of or interest in security industry preferred
- Bachelor's Degree