Director of User Experience
- Recruit, nurture and retain a world-class team of designers and researchers.
- Internalize company goals and the product roadmap.
- Evolve, strengthen, and evangelize a world-class design culture.
- Create a customer-centric vision and strategy for the user experience within our products.
- Empower teams to design innovative, user-centric product solutions that delight our customers as well as meet Relativity product and company goals.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in the areas of information architecture, interaction design, visual design, user research, and online user behavior.
- Set a high bar for the overall Relativity customer experience, ensuring anything that ships achieves a superior standard for brand, design, copy and overall UX.
- Work collaboratively with business partners to define priorities, build consensus, and coordinate design schedules across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensure our cross-platform web and mobile products support the customer and provide a consistent user experience.
- Enable teams to use market analysis and customer research findings to drive design decisions and reduce ambiguity.
- Develop an entrepreneurial user research function that serves as a knowledge center for the entire organization.
- Collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Support the user experience team in presenting design to work to Product and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership, to gain buy in on proposed changes.
- Lead the creation, implementation, and maintenance of the Relativity Design System.
- Experience leading design and usability efforts for a leading B2B SaaS/cloud product presence.
- Experience in an agile environment preferred.
- Experience in the field of document and/or content management.
- Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
- 5+ years as manager of design and/or research teams.
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems with intuitive interfaces for customers.
- Experience closely collaborating with product and engineering teams.
- Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices.
- Proven experience using user research to develop and inform the UI.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of UX across desktop and mobile (iOS, Android) platforms.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and especially to senior executives.
- Highly organized and effective project management capabilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Relentless desire for innovation and driving high standards, balanced with business needs and customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
About RelativityRelativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.