Senior Software Engineer - Business Intelligence
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for design and development of the advanced reporting data warehouse & advanced reporting solutions for the engineering department. This automation is used to drive consistency across the department and provides a means to measure the effectiveness of our product development processes. This position requires the ability to wear multiple hats and be creative in solving the dynamic needs of the department. The Software Engineer is responsible for the development of data extraction and transformation routines (ETL) from systems used by engineering using direct SQL / TSQL queries, stored procedures / views or other custom programs (C#, Python, Informatica, REST API). The data warehouse technologies reside in both on-premise and Azure SQL Server environments and is sourced from systems used across the lifecycle of software development and testing (JIRA, SalesForce, BitBucket, Jenkins, Elastic Search, etc). This position requires detailed knowledge of advanced reporting technologies including Tableau, PowerBI, or SSRS.
- Drive creative solutions for departmental reporting/analysis challenges
- Gather, document and analyze requirements from internal customers and assess impact of required changes
- Build out prototypes of the software automation to prove out the technology and understanding of requirements
- Design and build data warehouse logical and physical data models
- Develop and maintain complex data migration ETL processes using MS SQL Server 2012/2016, TSQL, C# REST API’s, and other scripting technologies.
- Create operational and product-related metric reports and custom dashboards using Tableau
- Analyze data sources to identify gaps in data content. Collaborate with Agile Tools and IT teams to implement required customizations to JIRA workflows, validation scripts and notification schemes
- Partner with IT and internal customers to streamline and scale data-related processes and workflows
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related subject
- At least seven years of experience in data analysis, modeling, transformation, and advanced reporting for commercial-grade systems and applications
- At least seven years of experience designing and writing SQL for commercial-grade business intelligence systems
- At least three years of experience experience using Tableau, PowerBI or SSRS
- Experience writing complex SQL using Microsoft SQL Server to load, transform and report on data
- Experience creating custom reports using Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Experience with System Integration and Workflow automation across enterprise and software engineering systems including Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Experience with Application Customization of JIRA Server or Cloud
- Experience using tools for data extraction and data warehouse modeling such as Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, or Informatica is a plus
- Knowledge and experience developing custom add-ons to Atlassian Products (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence) using SIL Powerscript / Scriptrunner / Groovy Script, REST APIs is a plus
- Experience working in a commercial software product organization is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Effective communication and teamwork skills