Senior Devops Engineer (Analytics)
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
- Define, design, and implement strategies to improve our cloud-based continuous delivery system in the cloud.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems in the cloud.
- Implement systems that are highly distributed, available, scalable, and self-healing in the cloud.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization. (Development, Release Management, Engineer Operations, etc.)
- Contributing to an Agile (Scrum), or Lean (Kanban), or hybrid team to solve the engineering challenges
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment, and operations.
- Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
The Sr DevOps Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others:
- Advocates and models coding and collaboration practices, reviews team code, and provides team members with feedback and suggestions for process improvement
- Collaborates with other dev teams regularly to establish an outbound and inbound pipeline of new (to Relativity) best practices
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Oversees the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and recommend any potential technology or process improvements with an emphasis on cloud computing and configuration management platforms.
- Provide development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of OOP software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with strong c# experience
- 5+ years of supporting customer facing web delivered software
- 3+ years of cloud experience (Azure preferred)
- Configuration Mgt Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.) experience preferred
- Scala and Java experience preferred
- Experienced knowledge of messaging (MQ) systems and development
- Excellent knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the market place
- A proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and deliver technical solution
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and public speaking)
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Desire and drive to learn and keep up-to-date on technology. Ability to filter vaporware, fun to learn, from value add technology
- Knowledge of Agile Project Development Methodologies
About RelativityThe Senior DevOps Engineer may be required to handle technical support calls after hours about 3-4 times a year. If Client Services is working on a ticket and they are not able to solve an urgent issue, they will reach out to the level I developer to assist to get the issue resolved. Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.