Advanced Technical Business Analyst
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As an Advanced Technical Business Analyst on Relativity’s Commercial Platform group in Chicago, you will be working directly with our external developer community, ensuring an outstanding development experience on the Relativity Platform.
This role will require you to utilize your deep technical knowledge and experience to investigate areas of impact for customizations built for RelativityOne as well as our on-premise offerings. You will make recommendations for resolution along with efficiency improvements. You will also help our customers and external development partners confirm the compatibility of their custom applications in RelativityOne on a repeated cadence.
While working with our customers, you will analyze their requests, gather detailed business requirements and provide recommendations (i.e. prototyped solutions) to demonstrate how a solution would meet their needs. You will also be participating in multiple client-facing conversations and forums to help spread the importance, capability and impact of our platform. This includes initiatives such as our annual user conference (Relativity Fest), our developer forum (DevHelp) and the Relativity Developer Community. You will collaborate with many internal teams, spearheading efficiency-improvement projects which will ensure that our customers continue to have a seamless development experience.
You will be expected to have a complete technical understanding of the capabilities of our Relativity API’s while clearly communicating the benefits and use cases with our customers. You will also need to continually familiarize yourself with new and evolving technologies and processes both inside and outside of Relativity. This includes technologies supporting SaaS offerings, AI and Machine Learning.
We are looking for a technically qualified, customer-facing individual who is energetic, driven, proactive and inquisitive about technology and process improvement.
Want to join a very dynamic and passionate team that not only wants to learn, but also wants to help our customers succeed? We look forward to receiving your application.
- Frequently on-boards and trains our external developers, illustrating our best practices
- Guides our customer’s designs and implementation decisions when developing on the Relativity Platform.
- Promotes development and customization on top of the Relativity Platform.
- On a daily basis, works cohesively in a team environment addressing customer questions, problems and work requests.
- On a daily basis, balances a variety of work-requests without losing sight of deadlines.
- Provides excellent customer service using the communication methods designated by Relativity.
- Uses deep technical knowledge and experience to investigate customer issues and functional feasibilities.
- Consistently ensures third-party RelativityOne applications are successfully tested prior to the new upgrades.
- Team player who communicates clearly and professionally, with colleagues and customers, in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to operate independently while proactively resolving issues without much oversight.
- Balances strong judgment, intuition, research findings, customer feedback, stakeholder input, and time constraints to ensure the correct solution is communicated and created.
- Understands the functionality of our platform tools, including our API’s, extensibility points, and the Relativity infrastructure.
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering, business IT, or comparable work experience preferred
- 3-5 years experience working with non-technical clients in a technical consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide software solution
- Experience working in a technology industry preferable
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with the consumption of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of unit, integration and automated testing preferable
- Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and customer relationships simultaneously
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Facilitation and inquiry skills required
- Agile/Kanban experience a plus
- Proficient in development efforts using iterative Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Customer facing interactions a plus