Director, HR Business Partners
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Human Resources Business Partners (“HRBP”) team acts as a conduit between the Human Resources department and the individual lines of business at the company. The Director of the team is responsible for leading the daily operations of the HRBP team. The Director, HRBP collaborates actively with senior leaders to formulate both company-wide and department-based talent priorities, frequently revisiting how the team is providing consultative services to all business teams. Through involvement in the HR leadership team and leadership of the HRBP team, the Director helps to plan and execute major company initiatives.
- Lead strategic consulting of the business in all areas of organizational support, including human resources and business alignment, organization design, workforce planning, culture and change management, leadership development and coaching, pipeline development, and succession planning programming.
- Accountable for defining, driving and maintaining a dynamic talent strategy for the organization, and coaching HR Partners to tailor department-specific talent strategies with the leaders they support.
- As a member of Relativity’s senior leadership team, work with top-level leadership to deeply understand the business to proactively identify trends and recurring challenges across the company and engage the team in proposing strategic solutions.
- Own HR strategic initiatives that directly drive business priorities and develop and retain top talent across the company.
- Initiate the utilization of meaningful data to understand progress across all departments, influencing leaders to take action on talent gaps. Coach HR Partners to do the same.
- Partner with senior members of the Talent Development team to build strategic performance management and coaching initiatives.
- Partner with senior members of the Total Rewards team to continually update the company’s rewards program based on market data, internal feedback and the company’s compensation philosophy.
- Manage the daily activities of the HRBP team, including active direction of team members’ career development.
- Coach team members with respect to specific situations and ensure that they continue to learn and implement best practices.
- Work with the HRBP team to articulate and deliver consistent approaches to team member engagement, development and retention by working with department leaders.
- Lead the team to coach and support managers as they apply the company’s “Expectations of a People Leader” initiative.
- Serve as the HR risk management expert, remaining educated about current employment law and regulatory requirements.
- Mitigate risk and deliver positive outcomes with respect to employee relations issues.
- Serve as the HR representative for the company’s crisis management council.
- Maintain accountability for the HRBP roadmap, integrating cross-functional effects on timing, readiness for change and resource management.
- Design and execute plans for serving remote and international offices through the HRBP team and using other human resources.
- Exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions.
- Commitment to and consistent demonstration of core company values.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or other relevant industry certification.
- Exceptional ability to influence senior leaders with diplomacy.
- Role model for customer service and cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience supporting remote, including international, locations.
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team objectives.
- Ability to lead efficiently under pressure, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to shifting company or team goals.
- ·Strong business and HR acumen, including problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Solid executive presence with excellent communication and operational instincts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Management, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10-12 years of experience in a human resources business partner role, including work with multiple business units.
- 6-8 years of management experience with human resources partners or a related human resources discipline.
- Detailed understanding of federal and state human resources-related laws, regulations and compliance procedures.
- ·Experience in managing and strengthening a human resources partner model in a progressive, fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
- Manages Human Resources Business Partner team