Manager, Software Engineering
- The Manager performs the following functions, in addition to others, in the administration of their position:
- Is a leader for one or two Scrum teams, with deep understanding of Agile principles and ability to lead self-managing team effectively
- Allocates resources based on requests from Scrum teams
- Leads a team of software engineers and/or architects to be effective in the design and development of software applications and systems per business demands and requirements
- Manages a team of individual contributors to complete necessary work as requested by Scrum teams.
- Selects employees and evaluates their performance
- Provides ongoing employee development to ensure efficient operation of the function
- Guides development staff in promoting high performance culture and cost effectiveness across the entire team.
- Conducts one-on-one meetings to understand how their direct report is doing, any problems they are encountering, any roadblocks or issues they need help with, how they are doing on their Scrum team, etc. In other words, engage the employee and see what advice, counsel help, feedback, or encouragement they need
- Promotes sharing of domain expertise and knowledge across the team
- Provides technical leadership and expertise about the feature set or domain supported by their team
- Provides counsel to their direct reports regarding career development
- Represents their direct reports in discussions about prospective moves, future assignments, career opportunities, etc.
- Shares information about the company, the industry, the department, major initiatives, etc., and addresses related questions
- Supports their manager by leading special projects and/or providing input regarding possible process improvements, organization changes, resource needs, etc.
- Serves as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set. Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive
- Maintains hands-on technical expertise by making technical contributions to the software design, development and integration of applications and systems through the Scrum team construct
- Uses independent judgment to develop strategic vision within their specific feature set or domain
- Implements operational policies and directives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 8+years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
About RelativityCheck out: "Act on it" at Relativity Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.