Senior SQL Database Administrator
- Install and configure SQL Server 2016 R2 and higher versions. Configurations built and supported should include scenarios that include leveraging SQL Always On, windows fail over clustering, and transaction replication.
- Document complex installation, configuration, and optimization procedures so they can be automated.
- Provide support 24/7/365 for any troubleshooting or corrective actions related to incidents impacting application availability within the production environments.
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases, such as running maintenance jobs (backups, DBCCs, apply indexes/re-indexing, etc.), to meet or exceed baseline stability and performance SLAs on large databases (1 TB+) and large volumes of databases (100+).
- Create, implement, and maintain SQL DB Health Checks, and have a demonstrated ability to automate SQL health reporting/event notification, and corrective actions.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms, and have a demonstrated ability to monitor/trend SQL environments to determine and implement enhanced monitoring thresholds to prevent incidents and reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR).
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including scaling up or out, server configuration changes, index/query changes, etc.
- Identify code defects and enhancements and develop a detailed root cause analysis that can be leveraged by the product management and development teams to improve application availability and decrease the total cost of ownership.
- Ensure databases are being backed up and can be recovered in a manner that meets all BCDR objectives for RPO and RTO.
- Perform all database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production and non-production workloads.
- Assist developers in producing SQL which is performant and confirms to our standards.
- 7+ years of work experience with a proven track record of working as a Microsoft SQL DBA leveraging versions 2008r2 or later
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 operation
- Familiar with basic Azure or cloud IaaS capabilities, and some experience designing and building MS SQL databases within Azure or AWS.
- Microsoft certifications such as MCSE, MCSD, etc.
- Experience operating in an ISO certified and/or highly regulated (SSAE, PCI, HIPPA, etc.) hosting operation.
- Familiar with Dev/Ops concepts, and ideally experience working with a Dev/Ops team focused on implementing and enhancing continuous delivery capabilities.
- Experience automating SQL Server deployment and configuration through PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Background designing, building, and managing a search and indexing solution such as Elastic Search, Apache SOLR, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Opserver, SentryOne or similar.
- Proven ability to diagnose & improve long-running queries.
- Previous Relativity system administration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a relevant degree
About Relativity#LI-KV1 Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.