Marketing Research and Insights Lead
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Marketing Research and Insights Lead, you will be responsible for shaping how marketing and customer-facing groups use data to drive messaging with customers and the marketplace. You’ll be the nexus of product, industry, and customer metrics to directly inform the organization’s go-to-market messaging, as well as serve as the primary advocate for driving these teams to speak with one voice in the marketplace. You’ll also assist in owning primary and secondary research needs across the marketing team, working with groups like corporate communications on brand research. The Marketing Research and Insights Lead works under the general direction of the operations senior manager and chief of staff.
- Translates latest product and industry metrics into data-driven stories that resonate with customers and the e-discovery marketplace. Serves as the primary connection between customer-facing groups and product, usage, and business analytics.
- Demonstrates ownership of brand and the market. Uses this business knowledge and strategic thinking ability to help direct the interpretation, use, and implications of consumer, industry, competitive, and product information to guide go-to-market messaging. Leads external research projects to gain marketplace understanding.
- Determines how we use data to tell our product story externally via marketing messaging, and acts as primary advocate and gatekeeper for metrics and their use (e.g., curate metrics repositories, educate customer-facing teams on how to use data in their customer interactions, consult on materials and presentations).
- Is a key contributor to Challenger Sales methodology by pairing commercial insights with impactful data points and research to help the sales and marketing teams to tailor content to their customers and prospects and drive opportunities in the pipeline.
- Drives research and benchmarking to inform marketing voice (either directly or by disseminating research from analysts and internal strategic teams to craft marketing language). Leads internal committees and SMEs to research and validate insights for use in external narratives and messaging.
- Helps shape marketing’s voice and is a primary advocate and educator for helping customer-facing teams speak with one voice to our customers and marketplace.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in strategic marketing, research, consulting, or business insights
- Experience successfully managing several complex processes and projects involving internal clients, external vendors, and highly-visible deliverables
- Experience commissioning research projects; has a sound understanding of research methodologies
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to translate complex data sets into impactful narratives
- Expert communication skills and is comfortable managing stakeholders from across the organization, including senior leadership and technical SMEs
- Experience with data visualization tools; Tableau is a plus
- Self-starter and strong sense of curiosity
- Excels at cross-team knowledge sharing and enablement
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with SaaS software; the e-discovery industry is a plus
- Experience with the Challenger Sales methodology and creation of commercial insights and research