Senior Software Engineer in Test
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test , you will be responsible for driving customer confidence by assuring the quality of Relativity's current and future core products. The Senior Software Engineer in Test works under general direction of managers and senior team members.
- Guide team in creation of thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results
- Collaborate directly with business analysts, product managers, and software engineers to understand system requirements, use cases, and performance considerations
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices, procedures, and test plans
- Work with the support organization to ensure that root cause of any production issue is identified and mitigated against future occurrences
- Perform regression testing to assure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
- Write, debug, and maintain test scripts
- Lead team in root cause analysis on complex defects to ensure causes are being addressed and fixed, not just symptoms
- Work with senior QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software and suggest improvements
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related disciplines, or at least five years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications
- Excellent knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- At least five years designing and coding software for commercial-grade systems
- At least five years writing software that tests software in an automated fashion
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain