DevOps Senior Software Engineer - Kubernetes & Docker
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will join Relativity's engineering operations department and be responsible for engineering a large distributed enterprise solution. They will work with other members of the engineering team and business stakeholders to support the development of products, features and services that drive and evolve our SaaS offering.
- Designing and implementing tools and technologies to provision and configure an enterprise software system in public utility clouds with a focus on increasing efficiency and elasticity of deployed compute without sacrificing quality
- Provision, configure, and manage compute nodes using industry standard tools and technologies
- Contributing to an Agile (Scrum), or Lean (Kanban), or hybrid team to solve the engineering challenges
- Producing high quality code fast
- Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
- Having a broad awareness of related projects
- Advocates and models coding and collaboration practices, reviews team code, and provides team members with feedback and suggestions for process improvement
- Collaborates with other dev teams regularly to establish an outbound and inbound pipeline of new (to Relativity) best practices
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Oversees the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and recommend any potential technology or process improvements with an emphasis on cloud computing and configuration management platforms
- Provide development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of OOP software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- 5+ years of supporting customer facing web delivered software
- 3+ years of cloud experience (Azure preferred) - Configuration Mgt Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.) experience
- 1+ years of experience with Docker, and Kubernetes or Swarm
- Ruby, Python or PowerShell experience
- Experienced knowledge of messaging (MQ) systems and development
- Excellent Knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the market place
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and public speaking)
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Desire and drive to learn and keep up-to-date on technology
- Knowledge of Agile Project Development Methodologies