Software Engineer (File Asset Storage) 20-0046
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Storage Vertical:
The Storage Vertical is a critical portion of Service Delivery, providing Relativity with all of its storage needs. It abstracts away infrastructure management and provides operations with mechanisms by which underlying storage infrastructure is built, operated, vended, and consumed. This Software Engineering Manager will play the role of a leader in the Storage Vertical, driving its overall interests in optimizing infrastructure for efficiency, reliability, and the satisfaction of all of Relativity's storage requirements.
The File Asset Storage Team (FAST):
Within the Storage Vertical, the File Asset Storage Team (FAST) owns all unstructured data storage needs for the Relativity application. The FAST team manages the internal storage servers upon which all of Relativity relies. We develop and maintain the infrastructure and the control plane that facilitates the provisioning and consumption of file storage space. We develop storage-layer abstractions to increase our platform's data management capabilities, reduce costs, and increase business agility. Our key challenge: how do we simplify and optimize the management of petabyte-scale cloud storage to the delight of our customers and developers?
Our team is looking to build out the next generation of infrastructure. Join us as we work to leverage cloud-native technologies to respond to the scale of Relativity’s increasing growth as well as to idiosyncratic nature of massive-scale storage. To achieve this, our team is using a diverse set of technologies, including Linux, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Powershell, C#/.NET, and SQL.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for participating in and exercising ownership over the full software lifecycle of the unstructured storage offering. You will contribute to optimizing and refining the existing service, maintaining its operational state, adopting design and development best practices, and working with senior engineers to implement new features. You will work on our storage abstraction layer, data plane, as well as the control plane that manages these in order to deliver petabyte-scale, cloud-native storage solutions for Relativity.
- Solve complex storage problems and implement their solutions using cloud native patterns and services
- Adopt and exercise best practices in developing and delivering software, including test-driven and trunk-based development, as well as continuous integration and deployment
- Contribute to the product through our development workflow
- Triage customer requests and troubleshoot incidents when on-call
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the stack and promote their solutions
- Maintain a high bar for code and architectural quality
- Experience (at least two years) in software development
- Experience running Linux in a production environment
- Experience working with a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, GCE)
- Experience working in an agile development environment (using Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience developing with C#, Powershell, and/or .NET Core
- Experience with FUSE drivers, File Systems, or Systems development
- Experience working with large-scale storage infrastructure
- Experience developing and delivering in a continuous deployment environment
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful web services
- Experience building automation for software and infrastructure
- Experience leveraging or building functional or performance testing frameworks
- Experience in container-based development on Kubernetes is a major plus
- Experience with Azure-based storage offerings is a major plus