Director, Product Management
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Director, Product Management within Relativity's Product Management team, you will help shape the future and vision of our software by supervising and developing strategy roadmaps within our Channel, Core and Relativity One verticals. To do this, you will become an expert in Relativity’s full suite of products, our customers’ business, and the e-discovery industry. You will work directly with our customers to understand their business problems and opportunities, and understanding high-level requirements. You’ll then prioritize those needs based on empirical business value and enabling construction teams to deliver successful solutions. You will work across Relativity departments to drive the success of the product every day. Ultimately, you will help evolve a product that is used by hundreds of thousands of people every day. Your goal is to help make that product exceptional.
- Take full ownership for the commercial success of products in your vertical
- Lead a monthly “state of the product” meeting with Relativity leadership and key stakeholders to review progress against goals, assess priorities, and ensure the team is focused on actions to improve the success of our products.
- Work with finance and sales to set annual adoption targets.
- Working with the Customer Success team, establish best practices for moving a new customer or POC to a successful user of the product. Ensure all current customers are having a great experience with our products.
- Become an e-discovery, Relativity, and customer subject matter expert.
- Responsible for the overall strategic direction of the product, including product roadmaps, and recommending new ideas for products and features.
- Build relationships with clients and stakeholders, and evolve the product to meet their needs.
- Become certified in the Relativity roadmap and deliver it to customers.
- Represent Relativity at industry trade shows and events.
- Work with customers and individuals across Relativity during all aspects of the product development process, from ideation through release.
- Lead or participate in periodic business reviews for your products with stakeholders and Relativity leadership.
- Work with the product managers and product marketers to develop, maintain, and articulate the vision and roadmap for the products in your vertical.
- Take ownership for the commercial success of your products.
- Develop empirical prioritization processes – grounded in business metrics like incremental revenue, cost, profit, and customer lifetime value – for evaluating product investment decisions. Establish metrics to gauge success of investments.
- Have full grasp of product metrics and be prepared to communicate status and important changes.
- Determine and communication external release plans.
- Working with an Engineering, develop a plan that aligns with and informs the roadmap and release plans. Provide empirical arguments to justify the level of investment.
- As a leader on the Product team, mentor junior team members, help improve the team’s operations, and contribute to team-wide initiatives.
- Agile experience is a plus
- eDiscovery software or service industry experience
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong team player; desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile SCRUM
- A genuine enthusiasm for building quality software
- 10+ years of experience in product management; software experience preferred
- Experience leading product managers in a commercial SaaS product environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or equivalent