Manager, Software Engineering - Mobile
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Focuses on Product Delivery
- Contribute to the product roadmap
- Scope and build features and products
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and bring visibility through metrics and reporting
- Develop deep Relativity product knowledge
- Accountable for the product your team develops; have an ownership mindset
- Work with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process
Makes Effective Decisions
- Lead a team of software engineers, quality engineers, and technical product managers to be effective in the design and development of software applications and systems per business demands and requirements
- Use independent judgment to develop strategic vision
- Implement operational policies and directives
- Ensure efficient team utilization
- Tackle significant and unique issues, analyzing situations and data, and provide direction
- Exercise a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments; find innovative solutions
Promotes Personal Learning
- Responsible for the professional development of yourself and your team. Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive. Be a subject matter expert in your area of our product. Serve as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of mobile software technology trends. Work collaboratively with direct reports to identify and develop the talents of each individual.
Builds High-Performing Teams
- Build, lead, and retain a highly effective team of mobile software engineers. Your team is aligned and committed to common goals and is dedicated to continuous feedback. Your team consistently shows high levels of collaboration and innovation and produces results.
Aligns Goals with Strategy
- Align mobile team and individual goals with corporate strategy. Use long term strategic thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent software-engineering knowledge, including iOS development, object-oriented design principals, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, databases, and cloud architecture
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- In depth knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, related disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of leading or managing software product development teams
- 8+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams