Senior Software Engineer
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Senior Software Engineer at Relativity architects, designs, implements and tests cloud native software and is consistently applying best practice software engineering. They are accountable for delivering results by producing high-quality code, contributing to an agile team, solving complex challenges, and being a highly dependable skilled development resource for peers.
This role will join our cloud monitoring and reporting team building solutions for our cloud-based platform, RelativityOne to support ingestion of over 200 million metrics a day.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing architecture and design documentation including requirements, test strategies, component, sequence and class diagrams
- Architects and designs performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality – not simply focusing on meeting functional requirements
- Improves the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitates pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Provides technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice object-oriented programming principles
- Germinates and drives new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to ensure defect prevention over detection
- Maintains an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practices positive interactions – lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Act in the interest of the overall team
- Previous experience with .Net framework and C# programming
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and deliver technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 7+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure applications required