Advanced Software Engineer in Test - Processing
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As an Advanced Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for driving customer confidence by assuring the quality of Relativity’s current and future core products.
The Processing Team:
Relativity's "Processing" product is the fastest way to feed terabytes of complex and abstract data into the Relativity's Review platform. As part of the processing team, you will be dealing with the unique challenge of processing an incredibly diverse set of documents, a tremendous amount of data and do very complicated data extraction at blazing speeds. If an opportunity to deal with big-data, to solve complex scalability challenges, and to learn a distinct set of technologies on a secure SaaS platform gives you goosebumps, then this is the right team for you. Quality obsession and customer satisfaction are in our DNA, and we strive to exceed customer's and coworker's expectations. We are looking to add new members to our teams.
Our tech stack includes a processing engine written in C#.NET, leveraging numerous document processing applications, and MSSQL as its database
- Identify and resolve risks to quality such as software inconsistencies, ambiguities, and defects during the design and implementation phase of software building
- Write and execute test plans for moderately complex systems
- Create thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results
- Design and execute workflow, test case plans, implementation points, and test data before development is complete
- Carry out root cause analysis on advanced defects to ensure causes are being addressed and fixed, not just symptoms
- Contribute to an Agile team that solves advanced challenges and builds working software
- Work with senior QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software
- Perform regression testing to assure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
- Advanced knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- 2+ years of experience with automated software testing tools
- 2+ years of experience with both UI and Server side testing
- 1+ years of experience working in DevOps style environment.
- 2+ years of experience with all or some of these testing tools: nUnit, Selenium, and Specflow
- Knowledge of .NET, Jenkins, Chef CI, Azure is a plus
- Proven track record to performance test highly scalable, cloud based software applications
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related disciplines, or at least three years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
- Previous experience working with jUnit or nUnit, Selenium, Ruby
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- At least three years to five years designing and coding software for commercial-grade systems
- At least three years to five years writing software that tests software in an automated fashion