We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Software Engineer, your primary mission will be to design, write, test, deploy and support new Relativity platform features. Your eagerness to learn new technologies and solve complex problems will make you the ideal candidate. Excellent communication skills are critical in this role as you will be expected to raise issues early and clearly document your code additions, test procedures, and project results. Your success in this role will provide you with extensive knowledge of the innerworkings of Relativity and open up a number of opportunities within our organization.
- As a Software Engineer at Relativity, based in Chicago IL, you will design and build front end software for our web-based litigation support platform.
- This is your opportunity to work on a scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies, and client component interaction through web services.
- Additionally, you will learn how to build highly distributable systems composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers.
- You will be required join an after hour “on call” rotation to support the software your team develops. Urgent customer issues are given priority until resolved.
- Developing front end software for new Relativity features.
- Actively participating in our SCRUM process.
- Improving application system performance.
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- An interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Knowledge in working with Agile development methodology.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering disciplines, including the ability to work comfortably in all layers of the Application Stack Would be awesome if you have:
- Experience with one or more JS framework (Aurelia, Angular, React, for example).
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Experience writing build scripts and plugins.
- Knowledge of CSS extensions (SASS, LESS, etc).
- Knowledge of package managers (npm, for example), bundlers (Webpack, for example), and task runners (Gulp, for example).
- Knowledge of new technology trends and their application in the marketplace.
- Knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or other related subject
- 1+ years of experience with at least one other general programming language (C#/Java/Objective C/Python/Go, for example).