Instructional Design Specialist
- Design, deliver, and maintain training programs and learning solutions ranging from in-person training classes and materials, live virtual webinar sessions, on-demand videos, interactive tutorial simulations, to other innovative learning material.
- Demonstrate expertise in instructional design, technical communication, and multimedia content development; participate in both delivery and evaluation of training sessions where appropriate.
- Maintain, develop, and test user training materials for instructor-led training and online training content (including interactive tutorials and rich media educational videos)
- Lead project teams to design and develop internal training content and materials
- Work directly with internal clients to gather educational requirements;
- Collaborate frequently with subject matter experts (SMEs) to assist with knowledge transfer and accuracy/quality of content
- Work across teams to ensure that educational content is effectively deployed and represented on the internal learning management system
- Facilitate in-person classroom sessions as needed
- Assist with managing educational events
- Assist with other Talent Development programs and projects as needed
- BA/BS in Training & Development, Education, Instructional Design, Communications, Media Studies, or related discipline, or at least three years’ experience in educational content development (curriculum design, study aids, simulations, evaluations, e-learning, m-learning, scripting, multimedia, publishing, etc.) with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies
- At least three years’ experience with distance learning, learning management systems, and educational portals
- At least 1-year experience demonstrating graphic/visual design skills, especially as applied to training materials (PowerPoint decks, job aids, infographics, etc.)
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Learning and Development/Training, Human Resources or Education - this includes experience in content development (curriculum design, e-learning, multimedia, instructional design) and previous experience facilitating training
- Proven track record of managing a project from needs analysis through implementation
- Demonstrated history of balancing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business with a focus on meeting milestones and deadlines
- Hands-on experience working with content authoring (e.g. Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, and/or Camtasia),
- Professional image editing and desktop publishing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Illustrator
- Exceptional customer service and collaboration skills
- Advanced knowledge in the development and management of training evaluation programs
- Advanced experience in implementing an educational portal
- Advanced experience or familiarity with e-learning standards; SCORM and Section 508 requirements
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies to deliver effective training
- Strong writer with a critical eye for nuance, detail, and editorial principles
- Capable of analyzing and producing content through the eyes of a learner
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning principles with the ability to apply course design techniques
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
About RelativityRelativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.