Vice President, Product Management 19-0818
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by thousands of organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects. Relativity has over 180,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 75 of the Fortune 100, and 198 of the Am Law 200.
Our business is at an exciting moment—we have created an industry leading cloud product for e-discovery, RelativityOne, and we are strengthening our platform to become the foundation to tackle other important functions across enterprise legal and adjacent markets such as compliance. In order to realize this vision, the Product Management team is looking for a VP of Product to support strategic decisions and lead critical domains, including platform, data transfer, security, and our core user interface components.
As the VP of Product, you are expected to have a strong product management, analytical and technical background in order to creatively solve for the needs of our customer base. You will lead a team of Product Directors, Product Leads, and Product Owners in collaboration with technology teams to deliver products to market, managing the full product lifecycle from strategic planning to market release and measurement. A successful candidate must be energized by building deep customer empathy, collaborating with design and development, discovering opportunities through data analysis, shipping and supporting world class cloud and server products, and communicating our direction internally and externally.
You will be the advocate for our product and our community and provide community engagement and thought leadership. You and your team will focus on creating an innovative, secure, and scalable solutions for our customers. Success requires close collaboration with the entirety of Relativity - all products, service teams, leadership positions will find success through your support.
- Lead the development of our product vision and strategy and to drive the product roadmap in your areas.
- Instill a segment- and solution-focused approach to our portfolio and roadmap, ensuring our thinking about our work is centered around use cases and user experience.
- Drive our product organization to take a financial and adoption-oriented, metrics driven approach to making decisions about what we build and what initiatives to prioritize, backed by customer data.
- Develop a process/methodology to manage the complexity of what we do: we have an on-prem and cloud product; we have a platform; we are targeting four key customer segments – we need to pull all these pieces together into a coherent strategy.
- Lead research and proposals to drive build/buy/partner decisions.
- Build a strong customer engagement model.
- Develop relationships with customers and ensure we have direct customer input when building our product.
- Support a robust engagement model so that we can get customer feedback on a regular basis, such as through our advisory boards and our community portal. The model needs to be less transactional and much more ingrained in how PM works.
- Refine and grow our customer behavioral analytics, descriptive analytics and site experimentation practices to leverage data and scientific methods to drive customer outcomes
- Evangelize and excite our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Become a recognized thought leader, both in Relativity and broader market
- Be a face of our product with customers and drive excitement and enthusiasm for our products.
- Lead and inspire within Relativity - get our engineers, salespeople, and other internal stakeholders excited about our product and our product strategy.
- Ensure that the context – the “why” – behind the work we’re doing is well understood across the organization.
- Collaborate well between Product and Engineering and the entire company.
- Improve PM’s partnership with Engineering by establishing strong relationships with Engineering leaders and becoming their counterparts / supporters.
- Develop cohesive relationships with other peer organizations: Sales, Marketing, Support, Success, Service Delivery, and Security.
- Build and grow a strong product team
- Relativity should be the go-to, world-class PM organization in Chicago.
- Instill a talent-focused culture in Product Management.
- Provide high quality, direct feedback on both core values and work product.
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Excellent communicator and presenter, both written and verbal
- Strong leader with proven ability to validate solutions and deliver features from inception to delivery
- Values collaboration and seeks opportunities to build relationships
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle and agile
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health, set goals, back up assumptions, and track success.
- Excited and curious about highly complex problems, systems, and interactions
- Takes responsibility for outcomes and action to correct problems
- 10-15+ years of experience in product management building custom software
- 5+ years of experience inspiring, managing, and coaching Product Owners as direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or Design or comparable work experience.