Software Project Manager II
- Under the direction the Engineering Leadership team:
- Proficient in project management role and skill.
- Able to run 2-3 small and medium sized projects independently. Medium project = a project containing 4 - 8 workstreams (e.g. Dev, QA, Ops, etc) with 1-2 teams and under 6 months that have some cross-team dependencies and medium risks/contraints. The project would be focused on 1-2 delivery goals.
- Able to anticipate, identify and mitigate some medium-level project risks, clarify expectations, resolve issues/conflict, and prioritize stakeholder feedback. May need assistance to resolve roadblocks not encountered before.
- Works with Engineering teams to define project scope, objectives, project plans, milestones, release schedules, and measures of success. Breaks down project phases or feature slices into stories/tasks and subsequently delegates as required.
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support. Push team to analyze issues that arise during development and proposes solutions to improve team operations, while building trusting relationships with the team.
- Facilitates project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project post mortems. Holds the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes that result.
- Generate project reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while maintaining a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team. Will communicate up to Senior Leadership as required.
- Stay current on various project methodologies\techniques (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Kanban), understanding best applications for each.
- Pass certification for Relativity Administration within 60 days of hire.
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP or CAPM)
- Scrum Master Certification
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent
- Passion for technology
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Ability to work effectively and get things done in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project, Visio, and other agile collaboration & work tracking tools (Wiki’s, JIRA, TFS, etc).
- 3+ years of project management experience
About Relativity#LI-EH1 Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.