Manager, Software Engineering, Storage Vertical 20-0070
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a team of developers to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performance, and scalable software. This individual will be the subject matter expert on all matters of file storage operations and will work to enhance and optimize the tools and platform by which we manage data internally.
This candidate will be the service owner over this problem space and represent the team when working with other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
The Storage Vertical:
The Storage Vertical is a critical portion of Service Delivery, providing Relativity with all of its storage needs. It abstracts away infrastructure management and provides operations with mechanisms by which underlying storage infrastructure is built, operated, vended, and consumed. This Software Engineering Manager will play the role of a leader in the Storage Vertical, driving its overall interests in optimizing infrastructure for efficiency, reliability, and the satisfaction of all of Relativity's storage requirements.
- Leads scrum teams with a deep understanding of Agile principles and methodology
- Manages resource allocation based on business and operational priorities
- Drives software engineers to effectively and efficiently design and develop software, meeting production requirements and code quality expectations
- Manages a team of individual contributors, through a variety of ways, including performance reviews and constant feedback
- Promotes sharing domain expertise across the team and maintains the proper team skillset composition for the problem space
- Serves as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set. Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive
- Maintains hands-on technical expertise by making technical contributions to the software design, development and integration of applications and systems through the Scrum team construct
- Uses independent judgment to develop strategic vision within their specific feature set or domain
- Builds and leads highly effective teams of software engineers to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process
- Implements operational policies and directives
- 7 years of experience managing software product development teams
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track
- record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Experience working with Linux and File Storage in a production environment
- Experience working with Cloud Native data and storage, especially at the petabyte scale
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline and in-depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Experience applying CI/CD successfully in a variety of large scale environments.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and monitoring/logging solutions, specifically Microsoft Azure, New Relic, and Splunk
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences