Senior Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others, in the administration of their position:
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Encourages pair programming and collaborative design
- Thinks out loud- consistently communicates ideas to others
- Provides development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- May be required to handle technical support calls after hours about two times a year. If Client Services is working on a ticket and they are not able to solve an urgent issue, they will reach out to the level I developer to assist to get the issue resolved
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Senior Software Engineer is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Act in the best interest of the overall team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
About RelativityRelativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
How We #ActOnIt
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.