Senior Software Engineer (Security Team)
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will design, build, and maintain software that let Relativity users, administrators, and applications work without fear of malicious individuals reading, modifying or destroying their information.
You will create client-facing applications that provide actionable security information as well as tools for other Relativity developers to easily produce secure software.
Why you would enjoy this job:
- You enjoy empowering your clients to make intelligent decisions about their security state.
- You enjoy building tools to create a pit of success for developers where the easiest way to use the software is the secure way.
- You enjoy working in a modern cloud environment.
- You enjoy making complicated problems as simple as possible.
- You enjoy making your software easy to use.
- Design functional and scalable applications that utilize distributed computing and cloud technologies
- Mentor less experienced developers through the design process of small systems
- Offer pull request feedback that is relevant and actionable
- Devise mitigations for OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Write clear problem statements
- Train new developers in resolving new common problems that occur in production
- Act as a level 2 support for Security Development products
- Enforce good SCRUM practices like writing stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Work to remove coupling between systems and work streams
- Deep interest in protecting client software systems from malicious actors both inside and out
- Focused on the customer experience
- Desire to tackle complex problems with multiple right answers, like the balance between convenience and security
- Ability to work in multiple mainstream programming languages such as C#, Python, or C++
- Ability to take feedback and strive for continual improvement
- College degree or relevant experience