Chief of Staff
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Chief of Staff to the CTO is responsible for assisting the CTO in driving our long-term strategy within Engineering. The Chief of Staff works alongside the CTO, the Strategy team and Engineering managers to own our execution framework, departmental OMS, and work on critical strategic and operational challenges. A key component will be adding rigor, analytics, and structure to all projects. This role will require you to react and improvise as necessary, working autonomously to complete both well-defined and largely undefined projects.
Your success will be dependent on your strong problem-solving skills, ability to anticipate needs and deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines. This position requires outstanding communication and follow up, analytical ability, interpersonal and organizational skills, initiative and entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation, sound judgment, discretion, respect for confidentiality, ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment, and a commitment to providing professional, client-focused service.
- Assist the CTO and ensure readiness for meetings, project participation and deadlines
- Coordinate and lead meetings from time to time, on behalf of the CTO
- Help team members interpret, understand, and carry out the CTO’s requests and intent
- Support the CTO’s delegation to team members across the Engineering department
- Keep the CTO and department leaders up to date on important information going on across the department and company.
- Serve as thought partner to the CTO, challenging ideas before they are committed to action and offering perspectives the CTO might not see
- Lead business-critical operational and strategic projects partnering with department heads and other leaders in the Engineering departments from planning through execution/implementation
- Conduct research and coordinate with other teams and external vendors to gather key inputs to strategic planning process: facts, assumptions, customer feedback and industry practices and standards
- Working closely with the Executive Team, develop strategic framework and long-term operational strategy
- Participate in annual strategic planning process and coordinate execution framework to ensure that Engineering leaders all understand and follow the Relativity Operating System
- Maintain understanding of overall operational objectives and strategy
- Design, organize, and conduct comprehensive management of projects with ambiguous and changing requirements – drive all projects to completion
- Work closely with the CTO and the executive team on smaller but critical "ad-hoc" projects
- Coordinate and co-run executive meetings including weekly operational, monthly strategic, and off-site planning meetings.
- Work directly with leadership to provide meeting and communication support for internal teams, and all Relativity (e.g. emails, presentations, decks, communication plans)
- Collaborate across functions to coordinate or support additional operational needs
- Additional duties as needed
- Ability to independently multi-task, efficiently prioritize tasks, and drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly when facing problems and ability to translate knowledge to new situations
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and across a variety of cultures
- Strong work ethic and integrity to handle confidential/sensitive information
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently
- Ability to effectively cope with change and maintain focus
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Portray a professional image
- Knowledge of or interest in the Technology industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years in a management consulting or similar role