Systems Engineer - DevOps
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Systems Engineer - DevOps role will assist in the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of our expanding development operations infrastructure. The role will work with development teams to assist in the software development process with a mind towards our infrastructure automation. The role will provide support to Engineering teams.
- Provide operational support to Engineering teams and development tools
- Work closely with the development teams to better understand their back-office development processes
- Become a subject matter expert of the tools and infrastructure used by Relativity.
- Assist in forecasting future infrastructure needs by knowing what is coming down the pipeline from the development staff and the product roadmap
- Keep on top of industry trends and technology, both on the development side and the more traditional IT side
- Proven scripting experience (PowerShell, Python, Ruby)
- Experience administering both Windows and Linux servers
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies, Azure a plus
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, including the ability to communicate difficult technical concepts in a straight-forward, simple manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, Azure a plus
- Experience with configuration management, Chef and KitchenCI a plus
- Experience with continuous integration, Jenkins a plus
- Experience with source code repositories, automated deployment, and automated testing
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when things are going wrong in order to troubleshoot issues effectively