At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
Relativity is seeking a User Experience Designer to help drive great design for all our product offerings, including RelativityOne. This role reports directly to the Director of User Experience and will collaborate closely with the Product Management, Engineering, and Research teams.
We are looking for an accomplished designer with a successful track record at a top online presence. You will have a deep understanding of web and mobile best practices. You will bring your experience in building beautiful and functional products across a complex and challenging landscape, as well as foster a culture of design thinking across our product organization.
You will be a creative thinker, passionate about design, and able to embrace constraints and feedback. Communication and collaboration across an organization is one of your strengths, and you are a strong advocate for high design standards and how they positively impact the work of our customers.
You will collaborate with your fellow design, product, and engineering teams to build market leading products that are functional and intuitive. You will drive initiatives to improve the visual design and interaction patterns of our platform. Ultimately, you will be responsible for making sure our customers have an excellent experience using Relativity, and that our products help them be successful at their job.
- Design innovative, user-centric product solutions that delight our customers while meeting Relativity product and company goals.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Deliver and execute finished UI for web, mobile web, and native apps based on existing style guides and design systems
- Collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints. Groups that you will need to actively collaborate with include but aren’t limited to Product Managers, Technical Product Managers, Engineering, and Sales.
- Provide the necessary information and assets to Engineering teams to effectively implement what was designed.
- Provide, receive, and prioritize design feedback from a variety of stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to inform designs and solutions (e.g. web metrics, a/b test results, third party research, consumer profiles, etc.)
- Demonstrate thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in the areas of information architecture, interaction design, visual design, user research, and online user behavior.
- Set a high bar for the overall Relativity customer experience, ensuring anything that ships achieves a superior standard for brand, design, copy and overall UX.
- Ensure our cross-platform web and mobile products support the customer and provide a consistent user experience.
- Enable teams to use market analysis and customer research findings to drive design decisions and reduce ambiguity.
- Internalize company goals and the product roadmap.
- Experience working on design and usability efforts for a leading B2B SaaS/cloud product presence.
- Experience in the field of document and/or content management.
- Experience in an agile environment preferred.
- Experience closely collaborating with product and engineering teams.
- Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices.
- Proven experience using user research to develop and inform the UI.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of UX across desktop and mobile (iOS, Android) platforms.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Marvel or other similar UI design and prototyping software.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems with intuitive interfaces for customers.