Software Engineering Manager (Security)
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for building and leading a highly effective team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. You are responsible for the professional development of their reports and are the leader in the projects you and the team work on.
You will be leading engineers, developing software within our SaaS product, Relativity. This specific role manages a team Software Security Engineers developing systems within our security team.
Whether it’s litigation, information governance, a government request, or an internal investigation, our products Relativity and RelativityOne give our customers a complete set of flexible tools to handle their challenges through every phase of a project. You will take a lead role in the development, enhancement and improvement our tools which is vital to our user community of more than 160,000 peers looking to learn from each other and share their experiences. As we move more of our products to the cloud, we look for leaders who can help us solve tough, complex problems and allow our software to process larger amounts of information and data faster than ever.
Responsibilities: Focus On Product Delivery
- You will contribute to the product roadmap and uses it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- You will scope, drive, and own features and products the team owns
- You will deliver results, within time and scope, regular reporting on status
- You will gain deep software product knowledge within your area of ownership
Makes Effective Decisions
- You will craft strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- You will implements operational policies and directives
- You will validates resource utilization to assure efficient deployment of team members
Promotes Personal Development
- You will develop the skillsets of your team
- You will work collaboratively with their team to identify and develop the talents of each individual team member
Build Awesome Teams
- You will support the team to help them achieve the objectives set forth
- You will hire and work to maintain outstanding talent for the team
- You will keep you team’s vision aligned with the bigger picture in mind
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines
- 4+ years of experience running software product development teams
- 7+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven record of building and sustaining successful engineering teams
- Experience leading remote teams or individual staff in remote locations is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Strong Leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals