Senior Manager, Software Engineering - DevOps - 19-0670
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Whether it’s litigation, information governance, a government request, or an internal investigation, our products Relativity and RelativityOne give our customers a complete set of flexible tools to tackle their unique big data challenges through every phase of a project. You will take a lead role in the development, enhancement and improvement our tools which is vital to our user community of more than 160,000 peers looking to learn from each other and share their experiences. As we move more of our products to the cloud, we look for leaders who can help us solve tough, complex problems and allow our software to process larger amounts of information and data faster than ever.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading multiple highly effective teams in the development and delivery of Relativity’s Cloud Monitoring solution. This individual will be the subject matter expert for the frameworks, processes, and technology that enables product teams to effectively monitor their service and application and provide Service Delivery with the alerts and insights they need to respond to customer incidents.
Align Strategy and Goals
- Serve as technology advisor and subject matter expert to the business on all aspects of Cloud monitoring
- Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive.
- Develop deep software knowledge of current Relativity processes and products to align the team’s strategy and create incremental goals to delivery on that strategy over time.
- Advocating the benefits of CI/CD and fostering a DevOps culture across the engineering organization.
Focus on Product Delivery
- Collaborates with peers to create the roadmap to build out the tools and processes to support the goals and use it to drive purpose for the team and backlog
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and brings visibility through regular reporting
- Display an ownership mindset and be accountable for the team’s deliverables.
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken.
- Support other engineering groups in the creation, improvement, and execution of their monitoring improvement plans.
Build High-Performing Teams
- Builds and leads multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process.
- Collaborates with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of each individual on their teams.
- Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind.
- Implements operational policies and directives
- Expert in how cloud applications are monitored at scale.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline and in-depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Experience applying CI/CD successfully in a variety of large scale environments.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and monitoring/logging solutions, specifically Microsoft Azure, New Relic, and Splunk
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related discipline
- 7 years of experience managing software product development teams
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams