Senior Manager, Software Engineering - DevOps
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Whether it’s litigation, information governance, a government request, or an internal investigation, our products Relativity and RelativityOne give our customers a complete set of flexible tools to tackle their unique big data challenges through every phase of a project. You will take a lead role in the development, enhancement and improvement our tools which is vital to our user community of more than 160,000 peers looking to learn from each other and share their experiences. As we move more of our products to the cloud, we look for leaders who can help us solve tough, complex problems and allow our software to process larger amounts of information and data faster than ever.
The Senior Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for leading multiple highly effective teams in the development and delivery of Relativity's Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline. This individual will be the subject matter expert for the frameworks, processes, and technology that enables engineering staff to quickly verify their code and create releasable deliverables; while also evolving the department processes and providing professional development for their employees.
Align Strategy and Goals
- Serve as technology advisor and subject matter expert to the business on all aspects of CI/CD
- Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive
- Develop deep software knowledge of current Relativity processes and products to align the team's strategy and create incremental goals to deliver on that strategy over time
- Advocate the benefits of CI/CD and fostering a DevOps culture across the engineering organization
Focus on Product Delivery
- Collaborate with peers to create the roadmap to build out the tools and processes to support the goals and use it to drive purpose for the team and backlog
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and brings visibility through regular reporting
- Display an ownership mindset and be accountable for the team's deliverables
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken
- Support other engineering groups in the creation, improvement, and execution of their CI/CD plans
Build High-Performing Teams
- Build and leads multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process
- Collaborate with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of each individual on their teams
- Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind
- Implement operational policies and directives
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline and in depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Experience applying CI/CD successfully in a variety of large scale environments required
- Hands on technical experience in a variety of common CI/CD tools and technologies
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- 7 years of experience managing software product development teams
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams