Technical Product Manager
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Technical Product Manager works closely with engineering delivery teams to continue to evolve engineering efficiency. The TPM owns the feature backlog for the various product initiatives which they prioritize by working with internal developers as customers to understand their needs. The Technical Product Manager’s primary orientation is to the Initiative; their primary focus is on the end user and ensuring there is a ready framework for the immediate backlog.
- TPM is a subject matter expert in how the product is used by the end customer and continues to interact with the end customer to deeply understand the customer’s pain points, workflow, and business. This assures the ability to represent the voice of the customer.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and other TPMs within Engineering Operations and Engineering Product Delivery to include all aspects of the development ecosystem.
- Ensure “what” we build solves the problem effectively by interacting with developers directly to design and validate work in progress through participation in development Agile activities.
- Be an expert in the product/platform/services that team owns.
- Able to translate a Product Management initiative into actionable ready framework artifacts including charters, feature cards, user stories, technical estimates, metrics, and scenarios.
- Constantly grooms the story backlog and reviews support queues and is one step ahead to ensure smooth productivity flow (3 Month Release Forecast, 1 Year Roadmap Planning).
- TPM is the responsible role that accepts stories as done and reports on product development progress.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, remaining agile through changes.
- Excellent technical understanding of software development lifecycle and CI/CD.
- Excellent technical understanding of the Microsoft technology stack, experience with Azure Cloud a plus.
- Technical understanding of container and infrastructure as code a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic self-starter with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong facilitation and inquiry skills.
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or related fields, and at least three years of work experience that includes business analysis, systems architecture, and/or systems development and analysis
- 3+ years working in a technology industry or 3+ years of work experience that includes product management, business analysis, systems architecture, and/or systems development and analysis.
- Experience in iterative Agile development methodologies
- Must be able to gather requirements from stakeholders and clearly articulate the vision and business value for each product release
- Must be able to anticipate, identify, and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release
- Ability to work with non-technical clients in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide software solutions using effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Proven experience in both business and technical requirements elicitation
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills