Senior Software Security Engineer
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Senior Software Security Engineer you will design, build, and maintain software solutions that let Relativity users, administrators, and applications work without fear of malicious individuals reading, modifying or destroying their information.
You will create applications that provide actionable security information as well as tools for other Relativity developers to easily produce secure software.
The Cloud Security Team:
We are comprised of Software Security Engineers that focus on building software and automation to build a more secure cloud product in a SaaS environment. You and the team will own the methodologies towards, identity and access management, systems management and treating infrastructure as code. A significant focus involves challenges around scalability, performance and security. Critical to the security team, the infrastructure is owned within the team!
Why you would enjoy this job:
- You enjoy empowering your clients to make intelligent decisions about their security state.
- You enjoy building tools to create a pit of success for developers where the easiest way to use the software is the secure way.
- You enjoy working in a modern cloud environment.
- You enjoy making complicated problems as simple as possible.
- You enjoy making your software easy to use.
- Architect and design functional and scalable applications that utilize distributed computing and cloud technologies
- Mentor less experienced developers through the development, design process and troubleshooting of small systems
- Devise mitigations for OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Act as support for products the team owns
- Enforce good SCRUM practices like writing stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Automate existing manual tasks and processes
- Guide teams to build more secure products in a cloud environment
- Develop threat models for cloud applications and identity and access management
- Improve the scalability, performance and usability of existing products
- Object Oriented Programming and test driven development
- Previous experience as a core contributor on a large web project with dozens of microservices
- Previous experience in the security domain
- Uses a password manager
- Experience with identity and access management processes and solutions is a plus
- Deep interest in protecting software systems from malicious actors both inside and out
- Focused on the customer experience
- Desire to tackle complex problems with multiple right answers, like the balance between convenience and security
- Ability to work in multiple mainstream programming languages such as C#, Python, or C++
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is a plus
- Relevant industry experience or a college degree