Business Analyst - ITSM
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Business Analyst within the ITSM team, you will be responsible for reviewing Relativity business processes in order to gain a complete understanding of current procedures, identify improvements, document processes, act as an advocate for Service Delivery. The Business Analyst will also be required to have an understanding of Service Management frameworks and methodologies like ITIL, Lean, DevOps, Organization Change Management and others that can help us with our continual improvement efforts in Service Delivery. The initial ITSM focus will be around Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Service Catalog, Self-Service, Knowledge Management and Continual Improvement. The BA will work to be one of the ITSM team process experts that can help teach others across Relativity.
- Gain a good understanding of Service Management practices and frameworks in order to apply their principles on continual improvement initiatives.
- Assist ITIL process owners with day-to-day processes/functions, measurement, reporting and analysis.
- Interpret business needs, translate them into requirements, and assist with implementation of process, policy and technology solutions.
- Decompose high-level information into granular details and general understanding in documentation, presentations and training materials.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing activities including but not limited to the creation of test plans, selection of testing methods, coordination of testing schedules, documentation and analysis of testing results.
- Provide reference material for team members and system users by contributing to the maintenance of team documentation.
- Tracking execution of action items discussed during cross-functional meetings and working sessions.
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including operations, engineering and support teams.
- Maintain an attitude of commitment and responsibility by understanding the needs of internal and external customers.
- Adhere to and promote standard procedures, policies and best practices.
- Adaptable to changing environment and team needs.
- At least three years of experience as a BA running projects/programs for an IT or Service Delivery team that works on cross-functional projects
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; must be able to distill critical data and help to identify required actions based on results
- Ability to exhibit a sense of urgency, flexibility, and adaptability while preserving strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Willing to expand skills, certifications and knowledge across service management Frameworks/Methodologies in order to be effective in this role
- Ability to accommodate off-hours conversation or work with local and international offices
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Proficient in using Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, Balsamiq or similar
- Ability to pass the Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) exam