Manager, Incident Response
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As the Head of Incident Response, you will ensure the security of Relativity’s Corporate IT, Azure, and Relativity One network / Infrastructure.
In this role, the main responsibilities will be to Manage team of Cyber Security Analysts and provide subject matter expertise on emerging threats against our assets, identities, and clients. You will also provide actionable remediation guidance to end users and collaborate with highly skilled cyber experts to anticipate and mitigate evolving threats using world-class tool sets and next generation capabilities.
- Provide escalations, status, and metric reports to upper management (SLAs, TTD, TTR)
- Guide and advise stake holders (internal and external)
- Assess the impact of security events by leveraging host and network-based indicators and evidence
- Ability to quickly classify an incident and guide the team towards the necessary course of action. Final level of escalation for security events
- Clearly document and communicate investigation findings to both technical and executive audiences
- Mentor, train, coach, and develop Cyber Analysts
- Manage Incident Response Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Create and maintain strategic roadmap for the Incident Response team
- Manage the execution of tabletops, vendor deliverables, and process improvements
- Plan and validate organization’s Incident Response plan (IR).
- Research the latest Cyber Security trends.
- Drive lessons learned and remediation activities throughout the organization
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior staff
- Effective communication and people management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent professional/military experience)
- 3-5 years of experience in Incident Response or Computer Forensics
- Experience leading the managerial aspects of an Incident Response team
- Project ownership
- Ability to delegate, assign, and manage workload for Cyber Security Analysts
- Outstanding work ethic with a passion for Cyber Security
- Ability to mentor and develop Cyber Security Analysts
- Certifications: One of more of the following certifications are preferred (GCFA, GCIA, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, GREM, OSCP, or CEH)
- Strong cyber incident response skills
- Understanding of infection mechanisms, malicious behavior, exploitation techniques, and mitigating controls.
- Relevant professional experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security