Senior QA Analyst - Processing
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, you will be responsible for driving customer confidence by assuring the quality of Relativity’s current and future core products. With that, you will be involved in defining, developing and implementing quality assurance practices, procedures and test plans and guiding teams to develop the best software.
The Processing Team:
Relativity's "Processing" product is the fastest way to feed terabytes of complex and abstract data into the Relativity's Review platform. As part of the processing team, you will be dealing with the unique challenge of processing an incredibly diverse set of documents, a tremendous amount of data and do very complicated data extraction at blazing speeds. If an opportunity to deal with big-data, to solve complex scalability challenges, and to learn a distinct set of technologies on a secure SaaS platform gives you goosebumps, then this is the right team for you. Quality obsession and customer satisfaction are in our DNA, and we strive to exceed customer's and coworker's expectations. We are looking to add new members to our teams.
Our tech stack includes a processing engine written in C#.NET, leveraging numerous document processing applications, and MSSQL as its database.
- Guide the team in creation of thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results
- Collaborate directly with business analysts, product managers, and software engineers to understand system requirements, use cases, and performance considerations
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices, procedures, and test plans
- Lead teams and work with the support organization to ensure that root cause of any production or escaped defects is identified and mitigated against future occurrences
- Perform regression testing to assure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
- Craft, debug, and maintain manual and automated test cases
- Execute scope of impact analysis for code changes based on defect fixes and feature stories. Identify key test scenarios based on the changes.
- Perform exploratory testing for defect fixes and new features, create and discuss testing report based on the observed behavior and findings.
- Work with senior QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software and suggest improvements
- Excellent knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
- Strong manual testing proficiency using quality assurance test engineering techniques, methodologies and best practices leveraging any test management tools
- Strong automated test tool proficiency with practical experience on any automation framework/scripting
- Two or more years of experience working with database testing techniques and strong understanding of database schemas
- Certified Quality Assurance Analyst is a huge plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related disciplines, or at least five years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications
- 2+ Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands on experience with tools like Selenium, NUnit, and Jenkins or other commercial automation tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- 2+ years of experience in CI/CD type environment