Senior Benefits Analyst 20-0085
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Senior Benefits Analyst will support the HR organization by owning key benefit projects for Health & Welfare and 401(k) – clarifying or helping to set strategy, engaging the appropriate stakeholders, driving projects to completion, and planning appropriate communications. They are responsible for developing employee benefit plans and managing the employee leave life-cycle for FMLA, ADA, state, personal, and international leaves.
The role may include the following tasks, as well as related projects or work streams:
- Benchmark our benefits globally to ensure world class benefits and recommend plan design changes. Monitor market trends and assess how we remain competitive. Effectively communicate recommendations on benefits design to Benefits Review Committee.
- Take ownership of the Open Enrollment renewal, enrollment process and communication strategy and execution, to include the oversight of on-site and webinar based information sessions for US and International Benefits and administration in Work Day.
- 401(k) program management
- Coordinate the ADA accommodation request process with internal stakeholders, including employees, managers, HR Business Partners and employment counsel
Compliance, Invoicing and Reporting
- Ensure compliance with all international, federal, state, and local benefits related laws.
- Ensure statutory compliance with FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA and HIPAA legislation including year-end benefit reporting, including but not limited to Affordable Care Act 1094-C/1095-C,
- Perform quarterly audits on all benefits to ensure enrollment and invoices are accurate
- Manage the (soon to be) outsourcing vendor for employee leave life-cycle for FMLA, ADA, state, personal, and international leaves and ensure compliance at all times
Manage broker/vendor relationships in order to drive change and to ensure excellent performance, utilization of technology and streamlined processes
Customer Service and Communications
- Work with our employees to understand what would improve the employee experience and empower the broader HR team to effectively communicate our benefits offering.
- Serve as subject matter expert for internal partners on all benefit questions, issues and projects
- Thoroughly research and respond to escalated issues, questions, and requests related to benefits and leaves
Total Rewards and Development
- Provide structure and fund employee interest groups
- EEO reporting
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Lead and complete ad hoc projects as assigned
- Previous experience managing Open Enrollment
- HRIS experience, preferably Workday
- High touch and strong customer service skills
- Computer savvy and confident utilizing new technologies
- Organized, motivated, and process-driven
- Ability to handle confidential matters with sound judgment and professional discretion
- Ability to work in a collaborative and independent setting
- Experience in the software technology sector
- Exposure to certificate or certification programs or external networks
- Strong desire to learn other areas of Total Rewards