Managing Director, APAC 20-0136
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As Managing Director (MD) of the APAC region, this role will be responsible for driving the strategy to win in the region, lead the revenue driving efforts with prospective and existing customers and ensure that our post-sales teams are delivering an exceptional customer experience. This position will report directly to the VP of Global Sales but also have dotted line responsibilities to other global leaders of key functional groups such as Customer Success Management and Service Delivery.
- Develop and execute the strategy to win in the APAC region - Relativity is committed to building an enduring global company and we've recently instituted a new operating model that affords greater span of control locally. The MD role is the key strategic leader for the region. This role will be responsible for developing an APAC-centric plan to grow and expand in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
- Lead the sales team - Currently, we have 5 sellers based in the region driving new business and managing existing customer relationships. The MD will manage the sales reps directly, invest in their development and support the driving of results.
- Support the delivery of an exceptional customer experience - Our Service Delivery and Customer Success teams ensure that our existing customers are getting the most out of their Relativity investment. These resources will be managed by a dedicated manager that will report directly to the MD role. Creating a consistent customer experience in APAC equal to the experience delivered throughout the rest of the world will be of paramount importance.
- Culture builder - In 2020, Relativity will be opening its first physical office in Melbourne, Australia. As MD, you will be a critical figure in identifying and launching the space, setting the tone and rhythms of the office and serve as a central leader in building the culture. You will be expected to embody Relativity’s Core Values yet create an office and team culture that reflects the diversity of the local region.
- Collaborator - While the APAC MD will report directly to the VP of Sales, it will be important to collaborate with all key functions across a wide range of organizations including the Executive team. You will be expected to serve as the voice of customer needs in APAC while also integrating best practices from across the company.
- Expand the Relativity brand in the region – Relativity is a global market leader in eDiscovery but is still developing it’s brand presence throughout APAC. The MD will serve as the key representative of the company in the region and help elevate our brand strength in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years in an MD role or equivalent Senior Leadership position
- Prior experience leading sales and post-sales teams
- Proven ability to lead and inspire managers
- Deep B2B cloud-based solutions experience
- Knowledgeable of APAC business process and protocols
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Domain knowledge in eDiscovery and legal tech space
- Prior experience working with internal General Counsel or Chief Legal Officers
- Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA)