Senior Software Engineer - Core 19-0734
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Relativity you will leverage your development expertise, leading software projects to continue to build out our software platform, Relativity. You will help solve complex problems as we continue to innovate and build great technology.
You will lead projects on a highly scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies, and client component interaction through web services. This is all utilizing many of the newest, cloud-based technologies.
You will build highly distributable systems composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers within the massive data field.
The Core Team:
Join our Core Engineering group, responsible for crafting the building blocks and frameworks that create efficient business solutions for Relativity and third-party application builders. You will be a full-stack engineer, designing and developing shared front-end frameworks, shared application components, subsystems, and APIs.
- Architects and designs performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality – not simply focusing on meeting functional requirements
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Improves the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitates pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Provides technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice object-oriented principles
- Previous experience with .Net framework and C# programming.
- Experience with one or more JS framework(s) (Aurelia, Angular, React, Vue, Ember, etc).
- Experience leading software projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is a significant plus, but not required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 7+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications
- 2+ years of professional web site development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines or equivalent work experience