Software Engineer in Test
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As an Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for driving customer confidence by assuring the quality of Relativity’s current and future core products. The Software Engineer in Test works under moderate direction of managers and senior team members.
- Identify and resolve risks to quality such as software inconsistencies, ambiguities, and defects during the design and implementation phase of software building
- Write and execute test plans for moderately complex systems
- Create thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results
- Design and execute workflow, test case plans, implementation points, and test data before development is complete
- Carry out root cause analysis on advanced defects to ensure causes are being addressed and fixed, not just symptoms
- Contribute to an Agile team that solves advanced challenges and builds working software
- Work with senior QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software
- Perform regression testing to assure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
Minimum qualifications :
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
- Previous experience working with jUnit or nUnit, Selenium, Ruby
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related disciplines, or at least three years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications
- At least three years to five years designing and coding software for commercial-grade systems
- At least three years to five years writing software that tests software in an automated fashion
- knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- 2+ years of experience with automated software testing tools
- 2+ years of experience with both UI and Server side testing
- 1+ years of experience working in DevOps style environment.
- 2+ years of experience with all or some of these testing tools:
- Knowledge of .NET, Jenkins, Chef CI, Azure is a plus
- Proven track record to performance test highly scalable, cloud based software applications