Director, Strategy and Business Operations
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
We are leading the industry to Cloud, and on the way expanding our core businesses and accelerating our growth in adjacent markets and internationally. This transformation to SaaS creates new challenges and opportunities for our teams and our customers – the Strategy & Business Operations team is at the forefront of this change.
As the Director of Strategy & Business Operations you will lead a team of high performers to drive our long-term strategy, own our execution framework, and work on our most critical strategic and operational challenges. This team works closely together across the departments and acts as a scaffolding for Relativity to support rapid growth, drive cooperation across the functions, and help the organization decide and execute on a strategic direction.
This is a broad, senior leadership role that touches every part of the company and requires developing strong working relationships with members of the Executive Team, the Board of Directors, customer stakeholders, and the Extended Leadership team.
Managing, scaling and mentoring Strategy & Business Operations Team:
· Directly lead a team of 5-8 high performing associates
· Mentor and coach the team members to continue to expand their scope of responsibilities and develop
· Manage opportunities for advancement within the Strategy & Business Operations team, and work closely with Department Heads to create career opportunities for our team members in other departments
· Lead recruiting and on-boarding for new team members
Strategy & Growth:
Lead the team to develop, prepare implementation plan, communicate across the organization, and keep evergreen companywide long-term growth strategies:
· Organic Growth Strategy
· International Growth Strategy
· Long term strategic and business plan
· Strategic Organizational Redesigns
Develop & Manage Strategic Capabilities:
Develop and manage cross-functional and strategic capabilities. Work closely with the other departments and lead the efforts to improve our operations, customer experience, and accelerate growth based on those findings:
· NPS and Win/Loss Programs
· Competitive Intelligence Program
· Strategic Pricing Capability
Lead the overall process to drive company-wide strategic planning, including:
· Manage the overall companywide annual planning process, ensuring that our annual goals and execution is tied to our long-term Strategy and multi-year plan
· Lead the process to select Key Imperatives - most important initiatives we need to achieve in a given year
· Work closely with FP&A and HR to incorporate budgeting and strategic workforce planning to the annual plan
· Work closely with the Department Heads on setting up and prioritizing department goals that tie to the
annual plan and our long term strategy
· Ensure that the plan stays evergreen and is being adjusted on a quarterly basis
Ensure we are executing on the most critical companywide initiatives and KPIs that drive our long-term success and allow us to execute our annual plan
· Ensure that our Operating Management System is kept evergreen
· Ensure our leadership team executes on the annual Key Imperatives
· Work closely with our FP&A and Business Analytics teams to gather, analyze and act on the data needed for the Department Heads to make strategic decisions (e.g. companywide KPIs)
Manage “Strategic Biz Ops Partners” aligned with our functional leaders and Executives.
The Biz Ops Partners own strategic projects, operational improvements, and at times Chief of Staff like activities tied to specific departments. They support number of departments in the company on a one-off or ongoing basis and work closely with the Department Heads and their leadership teams.
· Sales & Marketing
· Customer Support + Success
· Product Management & User Experience
· Product & Cyber Security
· G&A functions
- Min 7+ years of total work experience, including significant experience in Mgmt. Consulting AND/OR leading a Corporate Strategy Team
- Experience in directly managing and mentoring high performing and diverse teams of 4-10+ across strategy, planning, implementation
- Direct experience in developing and managing growth strategy, M&A, and long-term strategic planning
- Track record of developing strong working relationships with Executives and leading via influence
- Track record of delivering results, having a bias for action, and translating strategy to implementation
- Strong process management skills and experience managing and improving complex projects/processes
- Executive presence and strong communication skills
- Strong prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to manage at team that excels across multiple projects amidst a fast-paced, cross-functional, results-oriented work environment
- Work experience that shows a history of both strategic and "hands-on" projects
- Ability to listen, adapt, and guide teams through influence