Senior Technical Writer
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will write accurate, engaging, user-friendly documentation that adheres to Relativity’s style guidelines. You may also write documentation used by external developers to extend the Relativity platform. The Senior Technical Writer works under general direction of managers and senior team members.
- Oversee team collaboration with Development, QA, Product Management, and other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation, including general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, and API documentation.
- Collaborate with other writers to document Relativity’s e-discovery products
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators
- Establish team policies and procedures. Conforming to existing styles, policies, and procedures
- Oversee peer editing and production review work
- Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples
- Strong writing, production, and technical editing skills
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least five years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts from engineering, support, and product management
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- A familiarity with API documentation for REST or. NET APIs
- A familiarity with working and experimenting with code samples to better understand the needs of API consumers
- Excellent knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives
- Passionate about learning and developing
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based)
- Exposure to tech comm programs