Technical Product Manager
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will work closely with our customers and internal teams to deliver a feature or product of Relativity that meets the business needs of our customers.
- Ensure what we build solves the business problem and delivers the ROI identified by interacting with customers and stakeholders throughout the planning, development and delivery process.
- Translate prioritized initiatives into detailed feature plans to deliver a product that is stable in production and satisfies scalability, reliability, performance and business goals.
- Identify personas and define use cases, epics, user workflows, detailed requirements, and user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrate and maintain product/platform expertise; specifically, in how the client uses the product and its features.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with cross-functional internal teams and external customers to understand user needs, translate findings to actionable feature planning artifacts, and prioritize the feature/defect backlog.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the competitive landscape and be able to define how a feature compares/relates to other solutions in the market.
- Collaborate with UX to design mockups, prototypes, and user studies.
- Work alongside architects to define technically optimal product features.
- Work directly with development(s) teams on feature-related projects by participating in release planning and scrum activities to explain the business value and drive consensus in how we solve the business problem; responsible for accepting feature work as complete.
- Prepare and deliver compelling and informative demonstrations at bi-weekly product demonstrations with senior leadership and other forums to share what we have built with stakeholders and elicit feedback.
- Establish and maintain product related metrics to inform product plans through usage and performance.
- Trend product related data to identify unnecessary complexity and other product areas that should be addressed; recommend solutions and communicate action-oriented outcomes/next steps.
- Communicate product plans and progress with internal and external stakeholders through various means.
- Regularly make product decisions that consider both market needs and technical tradeoffs.
- Write and/or review all customer related documentation for defects and features and maintain the list of known defects for their product.
- Coordinate or directly deliver messaging and training related to the feature and/or defect.
- Monitor customer portal, respond to customer queries, and post updates related to technical questions and requirements.
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to create compelling and informative feature messaging for external demos and collateral updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Technical Communications or comparable work experience
- 3-5 years working in a technology industry or 5 years of work experience that includes product management, business analysis, systems architecture, and/or systems development and analysis.
- Experience in iterative Agile development methodologies.
- Must be able to gather requirements from stakeholders and clearly articulate the vision for each product release.
- Must be able to anticipate, identify, and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release.
- Ability to work with non-technical clients in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide software solutions using effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven experience in both business and technical requirements elicitation.
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills.
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a proactive approach to problem solving with internal and external clients.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, remaining agile through change.
- Is intrinsically motivated by delivering high quality technical solutions to customers.