Software Program Manager - Platform - 20-0220
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
To plan, track, and coordinate project execution for one or more product vertical development teams. Seek out key dependencies and ensure collaboration across groups. Report on progress, issues, and risks identified by the team with management.
The Platform Team
Relativity Platform team develops core services and extensibility points used by the Relativity developer community. These services are delivered through HTTP APIs and SDKs, which are then used by internal teams, Relativity customers, and ISVs to extend Relativity and create unique products for their customers.
The Platform team focuses on API development, user authentication, service and application management, component infrastructure and other core functions related to a large commercial software application being deployed in the cloud. As a member of the Platform group, you will use modern methodologies (agile scrum, CI etc.) to release these features, supporting the success of the Relativity product and our developer community.
- Leads 1 to 2 programs with project management assistance. A program consists of multiple delivery goals over time in support of an over-arching business objective.
- Anticipates, identifies and mitigates project risks, clarity expectations, resolve, and communicate as required. Applies common problem solving patterns that can be applied across feature areas and technology stacks. Solving issues in a way that the issue cannot reoccur. Implements process improvement as needed.
- Proactively and diplomatically address or drive issue resolution across teams, and verticals. Maintains focus and professionalism when facing challenges under pressure.
- Works with Engineering teams to define project scope, objectives, project plans, milestones, release schedules, and measures of success. Breaks down project phases or feature slices into stories/tasks and subsequently delegates as required.
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Facilitates project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project post mortems. Holds the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes that result. Prioritizes stakeholder feedback appropriately.
- Generate program/project dashboards and reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while maintaining a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team.
- Proactively mentors and regularly assists in the career growth of senior project managers, and project managers.
- 2 years of program management experience and/or 5 to 7 years of project management experience
- Expert-level knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g. Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project, Visio, and other agile collaboration & work tracking tools (Wiki’s, JIRA, TFS, etc).
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent