VP of Engineering
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Our Vision for Relativity Poland:
Krakow is Relativity’s second largest office and engineering center, after our headquarters in Chicago. In a lot of ways Krakow is developing to be a Product & Operations Co-HQ. We have a ambitious vision for Krakow:
- Become an autonomous, high-performing Engineering center that consistently delivers meaningful products, drives significant innovation for Relativity and has end-to-end ownership
- Establish Relativity as a Tech leader in the Krakow Community (similar to what Relativity is in Chicago). Attract the best talent in Krakow, provide them with world class training and with opportunities to work on the most interesting projects in the city
- Grow Krakow office to 200+ employees by 2021 to fuel our future growth as a business
- Become an integral part of Relativity’s organization and culture (and not a side office)
- Link Krakow to our international commercial and operations strategy
We are looking for a VP or Director Lever leader for our Krakow Product Center with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering innovative solutions for complex problems with high scale.
This role runs of all of Engineering in Krakow and reports directly to our Global CTO in Chicago. As part of leading a team of 100-200 engineers, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on challenges that can reshape the unstructured data and investigations industry. We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software with their team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a track-record of delivering with large software development teams (over 100 people) and growing their teams and team members.
- Must be technically strong, able to both act as a technical representative for their team to leadership and hold the bar with the team on the right architecture.
- Must be passionate about diving deep into problems and deliver iteratively using Agile best practices
- Experienced leading over 100 engineers’ team on building complex solutions
- Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of systems.
- Track record of recruiting top talent and establishing a high performing culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education building software systems
- 12+ years in the software development industry, including both management and individual contributor skills:
- 7+ years in technical management experience leading complex programs
- 5+ years as an individual software developer
- Track record of delivering complex software solutions to customers
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite
- Experience with distributed computing that handles petabytes of data daily and with enterprise-wide systems
- Experience driving vision of your space with leadership and partner teams
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Master’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- Experience leading Engineering teams in an international environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience growing engineer managers to improve their skills, and make them more effective as engineering product delivery
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time across multiple teams
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions